- 4 yellow or red beets, including the greens of the beets
Fresh ground black pepper
1/2 to 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and slice beets to approximately 1/4-inch thickness
- Lightly spray a cookie sheet with olive oil, lay beet slices out on cookie sheet
in a single layer.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder and black pepper to taste.
- Bake in oven for approximately 30 minutes, or until beets start to brown and
shrivel very slightly. (They will be soft when testing with a fork.)
- While beets bake, wash beet greens and chop them into large pieces.
- In a saute pan, add a small amount of olive oil and toss in the 2 cloves of fresh
chopped garlic, brown slightly, then add beet greens and cook until they are limp.
- Place greens in a bowl and top with baked beets – serve hot and enjoy!
**Feel free to mix up the seasonings and create a new flavor all your own – this is
a very tasty and nutritious base recipe that is super simple to modify.**